Chicken clucking following egg laying (so called song) questions

CanadaEh

Songster
May 31, 2018
Canada
Here the questions I could not find answers for:
1) what is rationale of calling the most annoying chicken sound a "egg laying song"?
2) why does it sound exactly the same (to human ear) as chickens danger/distress sound?
3) why would other hens/roos would pick up and join that clucking the same way as when they do when communicating danger/distress? I.e. they can't tell difference either?

I like roosters crowing instead. Tells me they are alive and well. Used to go to check what did they see that has spooked them when hearing clucking. Now as they are laying can't tell the difference.
My rooster crows just before dawn. My neighbors roosters begin crowing at about 3:30 a.m., non stop. any ideas why they would be doing this?

Here the questions I could not find answers for:
1) what is rationale of calling the most annoying chicken sound a "egg laying song"?
2) why does it sound exactly the same (to human ear) as chickens danger/distress sound?
3) why would other hens/roos would pick up and join that clucking the same way as when they do when communicating danger/distress? I.e. they can't tell difference either?
I am the same way I like the Rooster crow but that so called egg song sheesh especially when there are 40 or 50 of them doing it.

My neighbors roosters begin crowing at about 3:30 a.m., non stop. any ideas why they would be doing this?
does your neighbor supplement lighting for winter laying and turn on the light at 3:30 am? I supplement the lighting in the evening for that reason. My roosters will not crow before the break of dawn.

Back
Top Bottom