Chicken Coop bedding

"I use them in my quail pens, brooding pens, chicken coops, duck coops and so many other places. It works amazing! I always add DE and powered Permethrin to help keep all the unwanted pests away."

I am not an expert. From my reading I understood that one should use permethrin (and any other pesticide) only against a specific infestation. Rationale given is that critters adapt and the pesticide no longer works.

FWIW
I agree for contact on the infected areas, and it works amazing for those issues. The amount that I am adding into the ground is just enough to help prevent the issues to come about. We live in very sandy soil and have issues out here with Mites and Lice.

Before using the saw dust I used pine pellets (horse bedding) for about 2 1/2 yeas and also added the same powdered DE and PMT and gave never had an issue where it no longer worked.

I had a chicken that eneded up in our care for other reasons, and no matter how well we kept it quarantined we still eneded up with a mild lice problem one year because of it. The dust still worked amazing with direct content to the birds and havent had an issue since.

But with anything, animals and humans we do all adapt and our body do become amuned to alot of things we treat or use. Thankfully we do have many options out there to treat all the different issues that may arise.

Back
Top Bottom