Chicken coop removal order in a rural community

Unfortunately it looks like you have no choice but to comply with removal. When city laws and ordinances are broken immediate removal is the usual recommendation and brooks no argument. Its unfortunate this decision was made. You could move again to a home location that will permit you chickens but in every location you will always have to apply first and wait till approved before proceeding. When I applied I nudged my council after a week to determine the decision as told to check back in a week for approval. Mine was signed and returned to me immediately within a week true to the word. There is always someone sitting on council to make decisions. Complaints if not violating the chicken ordinances can fall under nuisance laws as well. I'm so sorry for your position!

I think I got wrapped up in your heartbreaking story and forgot to Welcome you to BYC!
7847521.jpg

You live in a community where totalitarianism, is set in stone.
I have no suggestions.:idunno
I do not know how courts operate in your Country.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, because I know how hard it is to be denied the opportunity to keep your pet. :hugs

Here is some interesting things I found out about Witless bay NI.
This backs up my claim.
From Wikipedia.
In Fall 2017, the entire town council was elected unopposed by acclamation. One of its first major decisions was a unanimous vote in favour of abolishing the rules on transparency, ethics, conflict of interests, and land use set in place by the previous town council. After public backlash against the town council's decisions on social media, it unanimously voted in March 2018 to use public funds to hire a criminal lawyer to probe their online critics

We did comply and removed the tiny enclosure. We will be reapplying for the same structure. We figured the council would be decent people and follow basic human rights. We were willing to work with them in anyway, but they were not with us.
When we applied our council was in disarray. Not sitting or deciding on anything. They didn’t not have quorum to hold a meeting a certain points. We waited three months and then we put it up because it only had to do with getting a permit for the 4’x4’ enclosure, not the chickens. So we put the very small structure up. Also, many others around us have chickens, ducks, geese, ponys, goats, horses, sheep, peacocks, and dogs. They have no permit for their animal enclosure so we are being singled out in this community.
I shared it on this forum to let people know what we are going through in a small rural community where farming has always been encouraged by the town.
Also, when the council came back on (acclimated in, not voted in) they put our coop on disgressionary notice and didn’t issue the removals until two meetings later.
We are currently working with a homesteading assoc. to make positive change, so small petty municipal councils can’t do these things to others. Favoritism and ignorance.
Sadly we can’t move because it’s a lot of money to save to purchase and sell a house.
Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately it looks like you have no choice but to comply with removal. When city laws and ordinances are broken immediate removal is the usual recommendation and brooks no argument. Its unfortunate this decision was made. You could move again to a home location that will permit you chickens but in every location you will always have to apply first and wait till approved before proceeding. When I applied I nudged my council after a week to determine the decision as told to check back in a week for approval. Mine was signed and returned to me immediately within a week true to the word. There is always someone sitting on council to make decisions. Complaints if not violating the chicken ordinances can fall under nuisance laws as well. I'm so sorry for your position!

Back
Top Bottom