chicken coop

Shouldn't the roosting bars be rotated 90 degrees? The top is only about an inch. Just wonderin'.

There's no right or wrong - its all personal preference. It matters more in cold climates, where if they are able to roost on the wide side of the 2x4 they are better able to cover their feet.

Last edited:
Sorry if im being a pain, should i put two vents on the top say 10inc by 10inc and i will make them rain snow and wind proff i hope,Any way should i put an open and shut vent on the bottom at the front left hand side as i am shutting that of.....thanx

Generally more ventilation is better than less. What you are striving for is draft-free but good ventilation - a fine balance sometimes
smile.png
. Basically, you don't want your vents in line with your roost since that could blow a draft onto them when they roost at night. Two at opposite ends above the roost line should work. Vents that open/close are even better so that you can better control the ventilation at different times of the year and in different weather conditions.

Right not been on for a bit rain stoped play. Im almost there tho.and im changing roosting
perches for 2x2,THANKS so far for all your help,

Back
Top Bottom