Chicken coughing

kayjayjayy

Hatching
Jun 12, 2020
hello everyone, I have a buff orpington that I bought at auction last week.

Ever since I brought her home, she has been hacking and coughing. There are no other symptoms, such as nasal/ocular discharge or swollen eyes. She is still eating and drinking and scratching and has laid 2 eggs since I have had her. She is separated from the rest of my flock, and in isolation. I have tried giving her some electrolytes and have started her on a 7 day dosage of Corid 9.6. I have Vetrx for poultry coming in the mail, since its sold out everywhere near me.

I'm not sure what else it could be, and have searched the internet high and low. I have no history on this girl, and am unable to take her to a vet (the closest is 2 hours away, and they are not accepting new clients due to Covid)

Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• 15968478880093804857130569391370.jpg
    15968478880093804857130569391370.jpg
    631 KB · Views: 7
hello everyone, I have a buff orpington that I bought at auction last week.

Ever since I brought her home, she has been hacking and coughing. There are no other symptoms, such as nasal/ocular discharge or swollen eyes. She is still eating and drinking and scratching and has laid 2 eggs since I have had her. She is separated from the rest of my flock, and in isolation. I have tried giving her some electrolytes and have started her on a 7 day dosage of Corid 9.6. I have Vetrx for poultry coming in the mail, since its sold out everywhere near me.

I'm not sure what else it could be, and have searched the internet high and low. I have no history on this girl, and am unable to take her to a vet (the closest is 2 hours away, and they are not accepting new clients due to Covid)

Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks!
Welcome To BYC

Can you get a video of the hacking and coughing? Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

You have her in isolation - how much ventilation does she have? Photos of where she's being kept?

Does she have watery eyes or bubbles in either eye? I would be very concerned that she might have a possible respiratory disease. Those can make carriers of your whole flock for their lives.

Back
Top Bottom