Chicken Crack

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GoneCrazy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. GoneCrazy

GoneCrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2013
    My babies have recently discovered the great and wonderous world fruit......after a few bites of berries and banana and cabbage they ran around like they were on speed for about an hr. After they calmed down, the hubs and I decided its obviously something they get extremely sparingly. Pretty sure we will stick to veggies for them..what's ur chicken crack?

1 person likes this.
  2. DLV58

DLV58 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Nebraska
    Hi, my girls are 8-10 weeks old so they have had only a few items, they get real happy with watermelon rinds.
    Do your girls get scare when you bring them new treats? Mine run away but than slowly start coming back one by one, it's so funny

3. GoneCrazy

GoneCrazy Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2013
    Mine have been fed out of our hands w their feed since 3 weeks. So now they think anything we hold is food.....ex: cups, nail polish, cigarettes, phone, camera......they only thing they weren't impressed w so far was cabbage, mine have a sweet tooth and prefer fruit

4. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    My girls like some fruit and some veggies but the only thing they are absolutely crazy about is scrambled egg and cheese.
    Mine do that as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by