chicken diaper questions!

Dan Saiyan

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2017
Middle TN
hi !! i'm a first-time chicken owner (i'm hatching silkies) and i bought chicken diapers from mypetchicken for when they're indoors. i've heard mixed information about how to keep up with the diapers (from "clean as soon as theyre soiled" to "clean every three hours" and stuff like that) but i cant seem to find information on how exactly to clean them. i know i need to dump out the droppings into the toilet, but what do i do after that? do i just rinse off the plastic liner and put it back into the diaper, or do i replace the liner with a fresh one (i have ten plastic liners in total for some reason)? if the latter, what do i do with the first plastic liner (sanitize it???)? i have two diapers; one to wear and the other to wear while the first is in the washer.

i'm probably overthinking this because i'm new to it (i've only ever had experience with button quails) but i just want to be sure i'm doing everything right @~@ any help/tips are appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Hi, I’d suggest that you take the liners out and then replace them when you feel necessary, maybe every couple hours. I’ve heard that you should change them a minimum of 3 times a day. Maybe every few days through the whole diaper in the wash. You can also use paper towel or little clothes as liner and just tape them in.

Hi, I’d suggest that you take the liners out and then replace them when you feel necessary, maybe every couple hours. I’ve heard that you should change them a minimum of 3 times a day. Maybe every few days through the whole diaper in the wash. You can also use paper towel or little clothes as liner and just tape them in.

that sounds good to me!

do i need to sanitize the dirtied liners in any special way, or will a good rinse do the trick? i'm starting to think i don't need eight extra liners

If they are paper towel, just toss, if they are plastic, a good rinse with soap and water should do the trick. Extra liners are always good though, they’ll last you a long time!
that sounds good to me!

do i need to sanitize the dirtied liners in any special way, or will a good rinse do the trick? i'm starting to think i don't need eight extra liners

Back
Top Bottom