chicken disappeared without a trace

(From a post on Sep 9, 2011)
FOUND!!!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I went out to look this morning - now that there is daylight and I can see - I kept hoping I would find her in the coop. You know - maybe she was in there the whole time and I just didn't see her. Nope. Only 5. Then I heard her yelling at me. But it was coming from up high. Yup, there she was, up in the tree behind our deck. I think she got up there and couldn't get down, so she just slept there all night. Of course, it rained all night so the poor baby is absolutely soaking wet. It took two of us to get her down. I had to pull the branches to get her a little closer, and my 6 foot tall husband stretched up and got her. And he chastised her in his best Ricky Ricardo impression: "Lucy! You got some 'splaining to do!"

Thanks everyone for all the good thoughts! Let's hope that is the last of chickens roosting in trees around here.
Im so happy your gal is okay♥
Maybe she will lay an egg for you soon as a rescue gift.

Sorry to hear that. I hope she comes back. But even broodies come off their nest to eat and drink once every day, If there is no sign of her you have to consider she is not coming back. :hugs

Do you have any loose debris or possible items that could tip over and trap her if she tried to roost on it? It’s possible that your chicken could be trapped underneath a bucket or something else.

Back
Top Bottom