chicken egg laying time

Goodness, I think it varies quite a bit. I have an Isa Brown that hops in & lays & hops back out within about 10 mins. Then, I have an EE who hops in, hops out, back in, back out....this goes on for hours before she finally lays. I also have a Jersey Giant that hops in, settles down, and stays for 2-3 hours before laying, and she'll even stay long after she lays before she leaves. I think, just like people, they're all different!
big_smile.png

I have 5 hens but only 4 are laying they start on a new cycle around 7 am am and I have anywhere between 1-4 by 11am they it moves up about 2 hours a day until they last egg is around 4 and the first was around 1. crazy
duc.gif
chickens

Thanks for your input! We just had our first "2 egg day" and are very pleased -- the second one was finally a "large" (2.3 oz)! Just were afraid that we had disturbed them a couple of times and wondered how long to wait to check for the egg.
big_smile.png

We have 2 chickens and one lays her egg about 2-3pm and about 10-15 minutes in the nesting box. The second chicken lays around 5-6pm and goes in, comes out, goes in, comes out, scratches the bedding around, goes out, comes in...Seems very picky lol

Back
Top Bottom