Chicken eggs set 6th of march, locked down today!! Exciting! Anybody else?

So day 19 update! It's now 3pm here and I have about 4 eggs wobbling around and I can hear some cheeping!!! Ahhhh so exciting! How's everybody else going?

So it's now 9pm on my 19th day and I have two that have pipped through their shells!!!! Soooo exciting

It is now 11pm on my 19th day (25th march) and I have 4 of my friends light Sussex chicks that have pipped through their shells :) its soooo exciting but I really have to get some sleep coz the kids will be awake at 6am like always
Talk soon

Ahh I am so happy for you. That is very exciting! I hardly slept a wink last night and the first thing I did this morning was check on them. I hope you upload some pics of your new little ones.

Good morning :) its 6am here in oz and this morning I have 6 light Sussex that have popped through their shells :) my question is how long should it take them to progress from the pipping through the outside shell? In two hours time they will have been popped 12 hours (the first two) and have made no progress at all. What are your thoughts?

They have six hours of air in thier shells. Once they have gotten through they usually take a rest. I think they are more than likely ok. Keep an eye on them though.

Jealous! I am on day 19/20 and I havent seen or heard anything yet BUT they are under my Silkie. I keep checking though!!! I have tapped on some of the eggs to see if I hear anything back and nothing yet :(

I'm on day 19 as well and it is killing me. I actually took a pic right before I locked them down so I could look at it as a reference to see if any have wiggeled. Mel has the luxuary of living in Austrialia and is 1\2 a day or more ahead of us. lol Is your silkie allowing you to check? My Princess wouldn't let us near her in her nest so we had to sneak in when she'd get something to eat.

So the first chicken to pipp the shell died :( when I woke up this mOrning it hadn't progressed any from last night and Was very still (with just it's beak poking out). Not sure why?
I have had two hatch on their own and are very healthy looking and heaps more that have pipped and two I have peeled some shell off of coz they hadn't advanced from last night either and I didn't want them to die too. I only peeled a section off like they zip and they are still alive so far at least. Since one died last night after 9 hours and not progressing I'm quite nervous about my temps now 37.5degrees celcius and humidity was 62% but I have since raised it to 70%. What do you all think??

So I have taken the first two out of the incubator as they were going crazy knocking around in there and weren't fluffing up and since taking them and putting them under a lamp have began drying out almost instantly :) I left one hatched chick in the incubator to encourage the others though.

Back
Top Bottom