Chicken Experiences in Central Florida?

Diesel84

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Gotha
Hi BYC! I live in Orlando and have 3 small chicks about 3 weeks old... Has anybody else in the central florida area had some experiences w/raising chickens in this urban area? Legal or not? Any were there any incidences w/pesky neighbors? City officials? I'm trying to prepare myself as much as possible and have been doing tons of internet research but have barely come up with any info on raising backyard poultry... Is there anyone out there who has?

Thanks BYC!!!!!!!!
frow.gif

Haha- this doesn't help, but I know how you feel. I live in Brevard County- so howdy neighbor! I finally called our county zoning office, but you might check municode.com and search for orlando. Good luck to you!
smile.png

Take a trip to city hall, also are you sure you want chickens i heard your city has large mice problems lol;)

Orlando FLORIDA Chicken Ordinance
Are Chickens Allowed in Orlando Yes
Max Chickens Allowed 30-Orlando adopted the Orange Country rules in 1991
Roosters Allowed Yes
Permit Required No
Coop Restrictions: Proximity restrictions and sanitation rules apply
City/Organization Contact name:
Additional Information: The raising or keeping of poultry for domestic purposes shall be a permitted use, provided that it is limited to thirty (30) birds or less, and the lot is located a minimum of one hundred (100) feet from all residential zoned districts. All pens, enclosures, or waste disposal activities shall not be located any closer than fifty (50) feet from the property line or one hundred (100) feet from a residential dwelling unit and shall not be located any closer than fifty (50) feet from the normal high water elevation of any natural water body. ("Poultry" shall mean domestic fowl such as chickens, roosters, turkeys, ducks, geese, pigeons, hens, quails, pheasants and squabs.) Illegal to: (11) Dye or color artificially any animal or fowl, including but not limited to, rabbits, baby chickens and ducklings. (12) Sell, offer for sale or give away for purposes of premiums, pets or toys, any baby chicken, duckling, or other fowl under four (4) weeks of age or rabbit under two (2) months of age.

Quote:
Hey chickens love to eat mice! Can't help on the central fl since I am in NE FL but want to wish you Good Luck, you will love having chickens!

Last edited:
Hey neighbor! I live in brevard county too! I know we can have chickens, no roosters and have to acquire a permit..

blessings,
kelly

Hello! I'm new and thinking about getting chickens. We live on the west cost (Largo FL,) what chickens do you suggest for our area?

Gerry2

Back
Top Bottom