Chicken falls over wierd when put in a diaper.

RadEggs

☆Chicken Chaos☆
Premium Feather Member
Jul 7, 2023
Pacific NW
20230831_184122.jpg
:hmmAnyone know why my chicken Esther always falls forward when wearing a diaper? She then sometimes runs immediately backwards quite fast. I am a little confused...

Shes trying to get out of it. When I put a no crow collar on my cockerel he kept walking backwards. It’s a instinct they have, they are trying to get out of whatever was put on them.

It is normal. I have diapers from two different companies. One is from Pampered Poultry, and the other is from Hen Holsters. My Dory HATES the PP one. She hates when I put it on her and will fight me the whole time. She will flip out and try to back out of it. She is less temperamental about the HH diaper. In fact, this morning I put the PP diaper on her for the second time and as soon as she felt it (she's visually impaired), she started fighting me. I kept her in it for several minutes before caving in and taking it off. She never reacted that severely to the HH. So I put that one on her and she didn't even flinch. She just sat there while I put it on her and went straight to her food dish once I was done. I think for her, she doesn't like the fabric pushing on her crop. The HH has straps that go on either side of her underbelly and not directly down the middle.

Back
Top Bottom