Chicken Farts

Ok, I pondered a thought last night in bed.
I brood in the house and as such my chicks are exposed to many, many farts mostly my husband.
Thing is, a big window rattler would make every chick in the brooder duck down and get quiet.
Only farts had this effect so fart fear is present at birth.
Was there a predator in the past that just butt roared and struck fear in the masses?
Were there fart hawks?
Why is that a thing? Why do they come preloaded to fear taco tuesday? :idunno

"FART FEAR" :lau:gig:lau:gig Ow! I'm hurting myself!!

oh my gosh, i love this whole thread. It was short and sweet with a small wetness at the end when it died out. Kind of like one of those cartoons when the balloon flies around the room with that semi higher pitched ‘Sqweeeee’ as it eventually dies out with a ‘Plllbb’:lol:

As soon as I manage to catch my breath, another post like this comes along! HELP! :lau

You don't ever tell husbands.a chicken farted in your face.
Official story is always something bit you.
No idea what it was, too fast to see but it totally bit you.
You know, if you poke your noggin in the pop door very often at all maybe some eye protection might be.a good idea.
You know so your eyeballs don't get nibbled on.:lau

Hey, that’s a good idea! On both accounts! :lau And I’m serious about the eye protection, too; I just recently discovered that my RIR girls are drawn to my eyebrow ring :eek:

I'm thrilled the lady that started this thread got farted on, this is something has has always blown my mind " pun intended if you're nasty lol".
All the chicks that have ducked and covered here have gotten to the point where im pretty much just sitting with popcorn waiting for each new batches first poor man's stomp concert.
Iv'e mixed breeds, hatched eggs, bought chicks, just all sorts of starts into being my chickens and waited every single time.
And iv'e never been dissapointed, not one solitary time.
Im three years old ok, yes this is fun for me it has farts and chicks so its never gonna get old.
But the whole certainty of the exact same reaction, from the exact same "stimulus" from hatch into adulthood is just so absurdly random.
Life or death freeze, melt into the ground, when they're very young they whistle.
A reaction saved for things that really warrant all that...and farts.
What the heck? I'm clearly not mad at it, but the reasoning why this trigger is here and right out of the flippin shell ready....super odd.:)

I'm thrilled the lady that started this thread got farted on, this is something has has always blown my mind " pun intended if you're nasty lol".
All the chicks that have ducked and covered here have gotten to the point where im pretty much just sitting with popcorn waiting for each new batches first poor man's stomp concert.
Iv'e mixed breeds, hatched eggs, bought chicks, just all sorts of starts into being my chickens and waited every single time.
And iv'e never been dissapointed, not one solitary time.
Im three years old ok, yes this is fun for me it has farts and chicks so its never gonna get old.
But the whole certainty of the exact same reaction, from the exact same "stimulus" from hatch into adulthood is just so absurdly random.
Life or death freeze, melt into the ground, when they're very young they whistle.
A reaction saved for things that really warrant all that...and farts.
What the heck? I'm clearly not mad at it, but the reasoning why this trigger is here and right out of the flippin shell ready....super odd.:)

Though i was surprised that i got my forearm farted on, i have discovered the world of farts. And oh boy getting farted on was worth these stories! :gig:lau

As soon as I saw your post I was like "she has no idea!"
And now people are on the hunt for one if they've never seen/heard/worn one.
Im jazzed for them.:D
Though i was surprised that i got my forearm farted on, i have discovered the world of farts. And oh boy getting farted on was worth these stories! :gig:lau

Back
Top Bottom