Chicken Farts

Well. I'm sorry to report that my girls are Fart Party Poopers. My tongue is dry from blowing it between my lips every day now. :tongue
No hilarity ensues. Even when I change the pitch, timbre, and longevity of tone. Am disappointed, but will soldier on. My neighbors loved my experiments even more than the time they caught me trying to walk my EE Sugar in her new pink harness and leash ensemble. Sugar just kept plopping over on her side with her feet sticking out, kind of like one of those rubber chickens. So I kept putting her back on her feet, saying, "Sugar, you can walk. Stop being such a drama queen." That's when I heard my neighbors, who were standing right behind me. Although it seemed obvious to me, they actually asked me what I was doing. Nice people, but kind of weird.

I have, however, heard a chicken fart, so I do have that going for me. :cool:

Last edited:
Apparently I have very classy ladies who refuse to toot in public.

I even sat around the coop most the morning yesterday while they were laying thinking just maybe, they might let one escape during/before/after laying. No luck:barnie

I've got one hen who has taken to jumping on my leg when I'm sitting outside. Maybe one day she will gift me with the priceless present of a poultry poot.:ya

"priceless present of a poultry poot" :lau

Omg! Congratulations!
Oh and they KNOW they did it these guys do the "heavens, someone has.a flat tire!" Look too.
We have some hazardous roads for chickens, been that way for a couple generations.:D

It's true, they know exactly what just happened and they know it was them! :gig

Apparently I have very classy ladies who refuse to toot in public.

I even sat around the coop most the morning yesterday while they were laying thinking just maybe, they might let one escape during/before/after laying. No luck:barnie

I've got one hen who has taken to jumping on my leg when I'm sitting outside. Maybe one day she will gift me with the priceless present of a poultry poot.:ya

Oh wow, your girls must be royalty! They ain't letting rip in public :lau

One day it will slip out by accident, just keep waiting till that day!

Well. I'm sorry to report that my girls are Fart Party Poopers. My tongue is dry from blowing it between my lips every day now. :tongue
No hilarity ensues. Even when I change the pitch, timbre, and longevity of tone. Am disappointed, but will soldier on.

I don't know if your chickens do this. Sometimes mine start hollering after they've gone to the coop. Nothing that I can see is wrong, so I figure they're just having a family bitch session or something. Once a few of them started doing it while I was in there, and it was really loud, so I told them to shut up. They kept it up, so I got fed up and said, "OK now you're going to get it", and started doing the pit fart thing. That's when they all joined in and started really hollering. I think I also started screaming along with them. Maybe that was another time. So if you hear your girls having a bitch session like mine do, that might be a good time to work your magic on them.

I've heard some of my girls toot. Took me by surprise. Sometimes when I'm doing the roost head count at night I'll do something different to see if I get a reaction. If I let one rip they start making comments that sound like, "Oh my!", "Did you hear that?", "Well I never!", "Hope it doesn't stink.", etc. Once when it was hot and I had my shirt off, I cupped my hand under my armpit and started cranking my arm to get repeated fart sounds (something I did as a kid). The whole place went absolutely wild; they were all standing up hollering in a clamor with me dancing around and laughing out loud. It was really funny.
Tonight when I locked up the crew I tried the armpit fart thing again. Once I started to get a reaction, though, I quit because I didn't want to get them going again.

OMG...HAHAHAHAHA This is great!!

This is the best thing I’ve read in a long time
Which, if you think about it is really kind of sad..

"Alright Jim, you go around to that side of the bush and drop loin cloth, when I give the signal, let er loose and flush em out towards me, and I'll grab em as they're falling out."

"But Bob, you know we have to air out the meat at least 3 suns before we can eat it when I do this. Why dont you do it?"

"Jim! Be quiet and unleash the kraken!"
"Unleash the Kraken"? That's great, may I use it?

I was holding my amerecauna hen, i believe she just finished laying an egg. And she farted. She tooted, and it smelled bad. Strange topic but, is this normal? Never heard of a bird farting before.
OMG! This thread about "farting chickens" made me laugh so hard. I'm just relaxing in the recliner, my trusty boxer is posted up on the couch. He looked at me like, "I've heard that laugh before." He frequently toots and startles himself.lol Well, you definatly learn something new every day. I'll have to be more aware so I can witness a chicken fart myself. Thanks for the great laugh y'all.

Back
Top Bottom