chicken flew the coop!!!

depends on what else is outside the fence... can you go to the area she went to and "herd" her back into the coop/run? The sooner you can get her back into your yard / run / coop, the safer she will be. Wandering dogs, coyotes, hawks, cars, etc. are all issues during the day, and when you add in the night predators of owls, raccoons, oppossums, skunks, weasels, etc. the chances of survival decrease dramatically. I hope you find her.

Last edited:
WOOO HOOOO!!!!! my wife just stepped up in the ranks for raising chickens. She was able to corral her back to her run!!!

Years ago I bought a fishing net, one of those hand held ones. I use it to catch AWOL chickens. Works great and doesn't hurt them, though they do get pretty ticked off when they are caught.

Another way to catch the AWOL ones when all else fails is to wait until they go to roost in the evening. Find where they are perched before it gets too dark but don't grab them yet because they are still active. I wait until after dark, and sneak out with my green or red light head lamp and grab them while they are sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom