Chicken GONE

k625

Songster
12 Years
Aug 14, 2007
Florida
I went out to check on them lose in the yard, only an hour had gone by between the first time I went out. I called them and only 3 came to the coop my favorite white 9 week old silkie just gone. No signs on anything. She had the biggest hair do and always was last, and wondered, so I just dont know. I know it wasnt people in the yard. And no signs of feathers or anything. I am hoping maybe she just snuck out some how and is lost, and will come home at dark. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE THE FAVORITE!!?? I am so bummed!!

Im crossing my finger that they roosted up in a tree for the night. Is it getting darker earlier where you are? Mine did that once or twice...I actually looked in the trees for an hour for them. Thought for sure they were gone.

Hopefully they will be waiting for you in the morning....

Thanks guys, I dont think she could fly in a tree. She cant fly that high. I am in florida, so im hoping tonight when it gets dark and its her bed time she will appear. Just keep hoping!

Thanks guys, I dont think she could fly in a tree. She cant fly that high.

I didnt think my fatty bird could either, I had never seen her lift off the ground once. But I found her 6 feet up!​

k625, when my ee was about that age, she went into hiding one day. The rest of the flock came back when dark and she didn't. Turned out she was hiding under the porch. She was find in the morning.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I had that happen to a pullet last spring. She just disappeared out of her well covered run. Just gone. Next morning she was right there in her pen pecking around like nothing ever happened while everyone else was still locked up. I hope your girl will reappear in the morning too.

btw-I no longer allow any of my crested birds to free range, even with the other birds, because they just can't see preditors as well even with their feathers trimmed.

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. I guess its just a risk you have to take with letting them free range in the yard. I thought with having a 6 foot fence and giant oak trees covering the yard it would be enough. I will just let them out supervised for now, and wait until they get bigger. My run/coop is just not big enough for them to stay in all the time. Its 8x8x8, but with 4 silkies and 2 friz. polish im running out of room.

Back
Top Bottom