Chicken has a hard time standing

Elf2004

Chirping
Jun 2, 2022
The other day I came home and one of our pullets (15 weeks old) was missing all her back feathers. We figured one of the older hens was picking on her. We cleaned her up but then two days later she became wobbly on her feet. Her feet look fine. Today when I got home she was laying down and could hardly stand. She seems to be able to squat for a little bit but her legs seem weak. I did give her first dose of B1 liquid and separated her. Any idea what’s going on? I’m thinking and hoping that it’s a B1 deficiency but not sure.

Can you get b complex tablets? That has all of the b’s including riboflavin, and can help with leg disorders if it is a deficiency. Is she molting as well, or just being feather picked? Do you have any pictures?

Can you get b complex tablets? That has all of the b’s including riboflavin, and can help with leg disorders if it is a deficiency. Is she molting as well, or just being feather picked? Do you have any pictures?
She’s too young to molt. How about poultry cell? I can get b complex. I will take pictures tomorrrow.

The other day I came home and one of our pullets (15 weeks old) was missing all her back feathers. We figured one of the older hens was picking on her. We cleaned her up but then two days later she became wobbly on her feet. Her feet look fine. Today when I got home she was laying down and could hardly stand. She seems to be able to squat for a little bit but her legs seem weak. I did give her first dose of B1 liquid and separated her. Any idea what’s going on? I’m thinking and hoping that it’s a B1 deficiency but not sure.

She’s too young to molt. How about poultry cell? I can get b complex. I will take pictures tomorrrow.
Poultry cell is o.k. to give (direct oral dose 1cc per 3lbs of weight) until you can get B-Complex.

Is she able to eat/drink on her own?
I would make sure she's eating chick starter really well and staying hydrated.

Does she have any wounds on her back where she was plucked/picked on by the older hen?
She may be really weak if she was being bullied and kept from food/water.

Back
Top Bottom