Chicken has infected wounds and abscess from fox attack- need advice!!!

Pics
I would give it 7-10 days. Continue to flush out the wound, getting into the nooks and crannies. Once infection does not seem to be a problem, you can use saline and plain Neosporin.

Ok great, so while it’s infected chlorhexidine is better. And I shouldn’t remove any dead tissue, just flush it?
I would give it 7-10 days. Continue to flush out the wound, getting into the nooks and crannies. Once infection does not seem to be a problem, you can use saline and plain Neosporin.

Yes, the chlorhexidene is very good to help clean out infection. I can’t see any dead tissue to remove in the pics. Sometimes, debriding a wound of dead tissue is needed, and that can be done with some gentle cleaning of the wound. Sometimes a turkey baster or a kitchen sprayer can flush well. But I can’t see what you are seeing. If it seems infected, I would just try to flush out the wound as well as possible twice a day, until it looks better. Then you could use saline or Vetericyn, but keep on putting on the antibiotic ointment twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom