Chicken Hawk

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by RGraham, Dec 21, 2012.

1. RGraham

RGraham New Egg

Nov 24, 2012
    I know that it is illegal to kill hawks, but I can't stand for one to attack my chickens. I was told by the animal control sherriff that I could kill any animal that would threaten my ducks. So, I think that that ruling would apply to any thing threatening my chickens also. The reason I am even addressing this issue is because on Tuesday of this week, which was the 18th od Dec. 2012 I had to rescue one of them from a hawk attack. The rooster earned his keep. I was inside my home, when all af a sudden he started squawking like something was dying, which was what was matter. I ran out to see what was causing all the clatter.,then I saw a hawk on one of my girls. I just ran at them, and the hawk flew away. Needless to say the chickens have been on high alert since. What do yawl think? And I would like to wish everyone a MERRY CHRIST-mas and a happy new year, and we'll se at the bottom of the fiscal cliff.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. Hawks are a federally protected species. Regardless of what your animal control officer may have told you, killing one is a federal offense punishable by substantial fines. The less said about such situations, the better. Good luck in protecting your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by