Chicken health: How do you rate your flock today?

I have 4 ISA Browns left that haven't died yet, ISA Browns always die horrible deaths much younger than regular chooks, at about the 2-3years old mark. They are the only ones in my flock of about 50 that are 'ill' or likely to die.

about half the flock are less than 3 days old and fabulously cute at all times.

Should it be applied to people too, or just pets ? After cultivating that way of thinking for long enough, everything will go gray no doubt.

Knowing something about healing and promoting good health would be a more useful mindset to foster, no doubt there is much useful crossover there.

Still batlling with cocci. I culled two this morning and I think am taking the local treatment style of veniger and some herbs, and had to cleanup the coops again. Ampro seem to be a waste.
Flock population: 47
Health Rate: 89 percent today.
Coop 1: 37
Coop 2: 10
Hey! I got 5 xtra eggs today in coop 1.

@Godofpecking
BYC is for birds alone. Sorry about your flock. Raising chickens has lots of risks and sometimes you just have to let thing go.
Keeping your coop clean reduce the risk of loosing your chickens. Black chickens, to my experience, has high immunity and can resist diseases to some degree.
Best of luck.

Today is a hot day. Temp 36 degrees.
Though my flock has cocci signs on large number of hens, they're looking strong.
I still rate them 87 percent for today. I called on my vet today and he asked me to use oxytetracycline cos my hens have white liquid poo. I hope to get through it.
No chicken lost today.

90 percent for today.
Second day of oxytetracycline: my chickens are looking steong but 80 percent of them still have the white stain on their vents.
Thing got out of hand since the last time I went on a trip from my working place for a week. I wasn't there to prevent severity of this cocci.

Back
Top Bottom