Dream Flock - What's yours?

Im actually actively working toward my dream flock

I ordered some White Sultans, Black Sumatras, Dark Brahmas, and Silver Phonixes a little while ago and I bought white silkies over the summer, I plan on ordering some Swedish flower hens, Mille Fleur D'uccle, and lavender Orpingtons sometime this year too.

And then Ayam Cemanis and Seramas are a little harder to get but I think I'll order hatching eggs at some point in the future

In my dream flock(s) I'd have...

Silkies
Currently I have black and paint silkes, one leaky blue, and a blue cuckoo.

In the future I would love:
A paint pen,
BBS pen,
Silver/gold partridge pen.
Maybe a chocolate/mauve/chocolate splash pen as well.

Bantam cochins
More than anything I want some lavender silver penciled bantam cochins.
f8674ccf2e5fe22e99821327efa23881.jpg

Credit to Pekin Bantams RSA.

I'd also love some silver penciled, black/lavender mottled, red/buff mottled and lemon cuckoo. At this point just all the bantam cochin colors.
Currently I only have one black frizzle with leakage.

Booted bantams
Booted bantams are a newer obsession of mine. They're not a popular breed in my country but I'd love a small flock of them.
AOV-1st-booted-bantam-Jane-Harnett.jpg

Chabos/Japanese bantams
I found these while scrolling Instagram and I just need a few of them some day. Black or lavender mottled ideally.
Screenshot_20240310-181316_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240310-181503_Instagram.jpg

Credit to chabo_land on Instagram.

I would also love to create a breed of bantams of my own.

I’m torn between a small flock of Australorps for personal egg production and trying to make a new breed with the Australorps as a base - mixing in some Fayoumi for disease resistance and I don’t know what else for speckled eggs. I love the splotchy patterns on quail eggs, but they are so tiny! And maybe try to breed in a pea comb too, the frostbite pictures I’ve seen look unpleasant.

Hi everybody! Back again with the dream series. It's fun to do and you guys seem to like it too!

Alrighty, as you can see this one is about your dream flock! Your dream breeds, your dream age for all of them, etc. I'm excited to hear about you guys' dream flocks. And if it gets enough comments I will post my own!

Have fun!
I love the flock I have now but my dream breeds to get would be Jubilee orpingtons, speckled Sussex, blue Cochins, and a buff Brahma! I always plan to get them but somehow something always happens and I just get them from tractor supply. Not complaining I love my girls and rooster but I would also love to have those breeds!

Quality SOP Black Silver Marans. I've been obsessed with them for close to a year now. I love my Black Coppers and would be thrilled to add another variety Marans to my landscape.

Back
Top Bottom