Chicken housing

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
Hi, my chickens are almost 4 weeks old and are getting very big and showing signs of wanting to be outside. They still have a tiny bit of fluff on their heads. Should I just wait another week and not rush putting them outside or is it OK. The lows are mid 40s to mid-50s and the highs are in the 70s. Also, I am going on vacation on the 3rd of July and want them outside by then but I don’t know when they’re ready to go outside, now or later?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 30
Hi, my chickens are almost 4 weeks old and are getting very big and showing signs of wanting to be outside. They still have a tiny bit of fluff on their heads. Should I just wait another week and not rush putting them outside or is it OK. The lows are mid 40s to mid-50s and the highs are in the 70s. Also, I am going on vacation on the 3rd of July and want them outside by then but I don’t know when they’re ready to go outside, now or later?
Also, could I put a heat lamp in the coop until they are big enough without it at like 5 and 1/2 weeks when I leave and have another person take care of them when I’m gone

The person that will be taking care of them while you are gone, have they raised chicken before?
No but he lives next to a person who has chickens but doesn’t have a lot of experience at all. I’m trying to get the chicken so all he has to do is feed them
water them and let them outside. I could wait another week inside the Bruder and try to put them out at five weeks

Is your coop ventilated well?
It is recommended that you keep the new members locked in the coop for a couple weeks so they understand where they go at night. If you don’t do this, you or the person taking care of them will have to coax them into the coop every night and this can be stressful on the chickens and the person who doesn’t know what they are doing.
This may help the person so all they have to do is food and water and they don’t need to let them out.
Make sure the feeder and waterer is fully stock just in case the person taking care of them forgets. There have been bad situations when owners return and the babysitter forgot to stop by, forgot to lock them in the coop and a predator stopped by, or they don’t know chickens And didn’t notice someone was sick.

Yes I have two windows for ventilation. I’m not leaving until July 3 like I said so I don’t know if I want to keep them locked in the coop for almost 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom