Chicken ID

ice329

Songster
10 Years
Nov 23, 2009
Hi, Any ideas on what she may be?? Quick story behind her. Got a few guniea hen chicks and got one chicken to help teach them to stay close. She was one day old when I got her. The lady where she came has I believe has Black Jap and mixed things but she also incubates eggs for people, often not know what they are. She was given to me not really know what she was, they said maybe Black Jap, but she dont look like that to me. She is 6 months old today.. and still waiting on her first egg. So basically I have no idea what she can be so if someone has a Idea I would love to hear it. Thank You Joey

A small vid when she was a baby and two new pics

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/ice0329/?action=view&current=MVI_2673.flv

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

Last edited:
She's an Easter Egger. You just may have quite a colorful collection of eggs to soon come from her!
smile.png

Wow maybe blue eggs... How did you guys know this. So she is prob a mix. I had to look up easter egger... I am a newbie but I saw what it was. I cant wait to see her first egg. She is free roam even at night so no extra lighting but hopefully she still lays soon.

All Easter Eggers are a mix... They are EEs because they carry the blue egg gene, but they can lay any color, depending on what breeds were mixed.

Thank You all.... I started mixing Layer in today... we will see what happens but I cant wait to get a egg hers and my first! hehehe... No extra lighting hours, so maybe not yet? Joey

Back
Top Bottom