Chicken "in your face" pictures!!

ICallMyselfCherie' :

So she just developed that blue eye one day? Was there a trauma or something?

There is a form of Marek's that is called Ocular Marek's. I believe it can occur without other symptoms. Let me do some more research.

We don't know if she has always had a blue eye... she is a rescued chicken and has been with us for a year with that blue eye and the only thing I notice is that she pecks the air sometimes... thats why I think she is blind in the blue eye.​

Yes, the Ocular form of Marek's causes blindness, often in just one eye. I think there is a possibility that's what she has. But if that's the only problem she has and it's not like you're breeding and selling or anything, it probably doesn't really matter if that is what it is, anyways.

ETA: She's very cute, by the way.
smile.png

Last edited:
ICallMyselfCherie' :

Yes, the Ocular form of Marek's causes blindness, often in just one eye. I think there is a possibility that's what she has. But if that's the only problem she has and it's not like you're breeding and selling or anything, it probably doesn't really matter if that is what it is, anyways.

ETA: She's very cute, by the way.
smile.png

Thanks for your concern!
smile.png
We won't be breeding or selling her, don't worry. She's our pet and always will be!
wink.png

Quote:
I would NOT advertise that. Killing a bird of prey is a federal offense.

The Hawk got caught in the netting and we could not free it so it died after tireless times trying to save its life, RIGHT?

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Quote:
Thanks for your concern!
smile.png
We won't be breeding or selling her, don't worry. She's our pet and always will be!
wink.png

That's great, she looks like a sweetheart. I'm glad she's doing well despite the eye! If she's fine, she's fine!
smile.png

She's fine, LOL!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom