Chicken "in your face" pictures!!

Nellie: "U hav FUD?"
94962_sam_0227.jpg

The "Gloria eye"....
hide.gif

94962_sany0059.jpg

94962_sany0095.jpg

Penny: "Its a bird! Its a plane! No wait.... its nothing!
94962_moms_pics_052.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pictures everyone! Just lost Snowbell my leghorn to a hawk yesterday afternoon.
hit.gif
I looked outside and saw the hawk sitting right on top of her.
sad.png

Oh that is horrible. My chickens watched helplessly as a hawk carried away a baby chick. It was horrible. I have string over all vulnerable parts of my yard now. Im hoping that keeps the hawk at bay. I notice not as many blue jays taking food from the yard now too, so the stringing has done a double duty job. Now to deal with the squirrels. They scare my chickens and of course eat the food.

ICallMyselfCherie' :

Quote:
AnimalsComeFirst, is Penny alright? Her eye looks extremely abnormal. I hate to say this, but I'm concerned she might have Marek's.

She's had that blue eye for over 6 months... i believe if it was mareks disease she would show more symptons like paralism of a leg or something? She eats and acts normal in all other ways. Also, chickens that are blind in one eye do get blue eyes... its not always mareks. But thank for your concern!​

I Really Enjoyed These Chickens In My Face!!!! Thanks For Showing Them To Me!!! Yesterday A Piece Of Foam Insulation Blew Lose In My Copp And I Had Twenty Hens In My Face All At Once!!!! Shut The Door!!!!! (<
smile.png

SO SORRY ABOUT SNOWBELL. I HAD A HAWK FLY THRU MY BIRD NETTING AND GOT MY SWEET LITTLE MOZART ( SILKIE BABY)........THAT HAWK WENT TO HAWK HEAVEN. WE HAVE SO MUCH NETTING AND CHICKEN WIRE AROUND OUR COOPS, I JUST DON'T SEE HOW THESE THINGS GET IN...HAD A GREAT HORNED OWL GET IN....I OPENED THE DOOR FOR HIM AND OUT HE WENT....FORTUNATELY, NONE OF THE CHICKENS WERE OUT! I STILL MISS MOZART...HE WAS MY VERY FIRST BABY CHICK THAT I HATCHED AND I LOVED HIM SO MUCH...THE HAWK LEFT ME HIS LEG. THAT'S NATURE, BUT WHY MY FAVORITE?
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom