Chicken ingested potentially toxic substance

It_is_I_Rae

Songster
Oct 30, 2019
One of the neighbor's hellspawn threw a potentially toxic snow looking substance over the fence (its not snow) and at least one of my chickens ingested it. She seems fine for now but I have no idea what the substance was and I'm wondering if there's any way to prevent it from potentially poisoning her?

Do you have an idea what it could be? Bag it to use as evidence against them if your chicken dies.
I have literally no idea what it is. The kid had said that it was not safe for children so if its not child friendly then it might be toxic to chickens as well

Ask the adults in the home, feed your chicken bread soaked in milk, it could help.
Bread is not good for chickens. Activated charcoal is safe, you don't want to feed it as part of there diet, it can interfere there, but this is what @azygous says about it- 'I. myself, do keep it on hand for emergencies. If I fear a chicken has ingested a poisonous mushroom or a poisonous berry, I would give a capsule to the chicken."

Bread is not good for chickens. Activated charcoal is safe, you don't want to feed it as part of there diet, it can interfere there, but this is what @azygous says about it- 'I. myself, do keep it on hand for emergencies. If I fear a chicken has ingested a poisonous mushroom or a poisonous berry, I would give a capsule to the chicken."
So I just give 1 capsule to her then?

One of the neighbor's hellspawn threw a potentially toxic snow looking substance over the fence (its not snow) and at least one of my chickens ingested it. She seems fine for now but I have no idea what the substance was and I'm wondering if there's any way to prevent it from potentially poisoning her?
Did you save some of the substance.....and report the incident to the spawns parents?

Back
Top Bottom