Chicken injuries!!!

Jester15178

Hatching
Oct 10, 2023
yesterday a fox attacked my chickens, a couple sadly passed and two managed to survive, sadly the two that survived ate injured they are both silkies, one has a puncture on her back and cant rlly walk but can manage to move around, the other has a neck puncture she cant lift her head but she still manages to walk, I separated both of them from the coop and they are inside, how can I help them?? Is it worth saving them???

Hi! I'm so sorry! Inspect theny thoroughly for other wounds, use warm soapy water or saline to clean the wounds and then slather with plain antibiotic ointment. Since they have puncture wounds I would also get aqua mox from tsc online pharmacy, dose once a day for a week.

Are they eating? Drinking? Make sure to keep them in a semi dark place for the first 24 hours, offer sweetened water, molasses or maple syrup can be used as flavoring. Keep them warm as well.

Hi! I'm so sorry! Inspect theny thoroughly for other wounds, use warm soapy water or saline to clean the wounds and then slather with plain antibiotic ointment. Since they have puncture wounds I would also get aqua mox from tsc online pharmacy, dose once a day for a week.

Are they eating? Drinking? Make sure to keep them in a semi dark place for the first 24 hours, offer sweetened water, molasses or maple syrup can be used as flavoring. Keep them warm as well.
Thank you for the response!! So i been giving them water threw a syringe they rlly haven’t been eating tho

Thank you for the response!! So i been giving them water threw a syringe they rlly haven’t been eating tho
First 24 hours they're in shock, can your offer raw yolk, molasses or maple syrup flavored water, then start offering their favorite food. Anything they want to eat. Make sure you clean the wounds. If you have betadeine or chlorhexidine that would be even better.

You need to clean the wounds and treat with antibiotics. They probably need to be seen by a bird vet. If the neck or back are broken it might be better to humanly put them down.

So sorry this happened to your flock.

Back
Top Bottom