sepideh1988

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2017
Hi.i have 9 chickens . one weak ago,one of them wasn't herself.she have sitting in nest box, but no eggs. I have think just like before, she doesn't any problems,because for long time she nesting but no eggs.her eggs were shell less and she didn't laying again,and her abdomen is swollen.but this time she was panting,and her comb was dark.and I touched her abdomen just under her vent, and I felt something hard.for few days I think it's tumor, gland or hernia or yolk mass.but two days ago I stuck my finger in her vent and there is a hard thing in her intestinal.i don't know what is it.intestinal tumor, gland, cancer, intestinal obstruction . is it possible that be Clostridium perfringens and necrotic intestinal?her poops are small and dark green,sometimes white chalky.her comb is dark yet but she's breathing better.i gave her baytril 10% for 4 days. she's sitting on one side. she's 2.5 years. her appetite is good and she's not very lethargic.just worry for that hard thing in her intestinal. othere girls are OK. we haven't vet here, help me please.

It sounds like your hen could be egg-bound. The hard mass you are feeling could be an egg stuck inside her.

This can be life-threatening. If this has been going on for a week, and if she if egg-bound, she must be very uncomfortable. Is she pooping at all? If she isn't pooping and is still eating, then this indicates an egg is preventing the poop from coming out.

Does her vent seem very dry? This could be another indication she's egg- bound. Here are some things you can try. Make a nice warm tub of water for her to soak in. Leave her in it for twenty minutes. Give her some people calcium - a whole pill. Crush it up finely and mix it with something she likes to eat, maybe applesauce. Smooth some coconut oil over her vent. Then place her in a dimly lighted place and let her relax. Hopefully she will lay the egg.

Here is more information about egg binding and things you can do for it. http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html

Should the depth of water be deep enough for the chicken to float on the surface?

To cool down chickens in our extreme heat, I dipped them in a bucket and was surprised that they floated. I guess I should have known better.

But one floated kind of lopsided. Since her chicken is sitting on one side, she'll need to be supported so she doesn't tip over and drown.

It sounds like your hen could be egg-bound. The hard mass you are feeling could be an egg stuck inside her.

This can be life-threatening. If this has been going on for a week, and if she if egg-bound, she must be very uncomfortable. Is she pooping at all? If she isn't pooping and is still eating, then this indicates an egg is preventing the poop from coming out.

Does her vent seem very dry? This could be another indication she's egg- bound. Here are some things you can try. Make a nice warm tub of water for her to soak in. Leave her in it for twenty minutes. Give her some people calcium - a whole pill. Crush it up finely and mix it with something she likes to eat, maybe applesauce. Smooth some coconut oil over her vent. Then place her in a dimly lighted place and let her relax. Hopefully she will lay the egg.

Here is more information about egg binding and things you can do for it. http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html
she was egg bound before and non of her symptoms isn't like that. and the hard mass under her vent and in her intestinal, I felt that.but egg bound over the ventured she don't any try to laying egg. is clostridium perfringens has signs like this hard thing in intestinal?is it inflammatory of clostridium infection?

Clostridium perfringens causes a foul smelling diarrhea. If your hen had it a week ago, it progresses so rapidly that she would be much sicker by now or likely dead. I've never heard of it causing tumor-like masses in the intestines.

If it's not an egg stuck in her, then it's possible it's a tumor. If her comb is very dusky purple-red, she may have tumors on her lungs and heart as well. Does her breathing sound crackly or raspy? If so, I would suspect tumors.

Clostridium perfringens causes a foul smelling diarrhea. If your hen had it a week ago, it progresses so rapidly that she would be much sicker by now or likely dead. I've never heard of it causing tumor-like masses in the intestines.

If it's not an egg stuck in her, then it's possible it's a tumor. If her comb is very dusky purple-red, she may have tumors on her lungs and heart as well. Does her breathing sound crackly or raspy? If so, I would suspect tumors.
no her breathing is OK.she just breath rapidly, but much better now.i have amoxicilin and metronidazole, I don't know giving her or not.do you know any online vet, that guide me?

Back
Top Bottom