Chicken is Dying! (Please answer!)

So I keep one with the dying one and three little bantams in a separate cage because they don't along. So do you think I should treat the little ones too? I'm crying my eyes out now that I could have preventing this.
sad.png
This chickens are my pets.

Quote:
It is very likely that all of your chickens and your coop are infested with mites. Clean the coop and dust the chickens and coop - Ivermectin is also an effective miticide. Your hen is so weak because they have been feeding on her causing anemia.

Is it too late for my poor chicken? I hate to see her like this, and I would be even more sad if my other chickens died from this.

Treating her will just as likely kill her as the parasites themselves at this point. That parasite dust is tough stuff and if she is at a point that ants are all over her and she isn't even twitching...then I'm so sorry but it is just too late.

For humane animal treatment sake, I would find someone to "put her out of her misery" That has to be just awful and no way for a beloved pet to die. I would immediately isolate the other one and start treating but understand that you have to treat the coop, bedding, run and outside area AND the other chickens as these parasites are host specific the survivors will run and find the next chicken.

I treated her along with my other chickens and she is now a cardboard box. Thank you to all who helped! Never had this happen before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom