Chicken is dying

Update: she is currently taking her last breaths. It is not her crop as I massaged her I came to realize this lump is way too high up in her neck to be her crop. She is interested in eating but can't. I looked into her beak & cannot see anything blocking. I will disect after she passes. I believe it can be a mass. It feels squishy.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

But I will be interested in what you find. Maybe she got something stuck in her throat? Or some kind of a tumor? Definitely a puzzling situation.

Her bottom today is swollen. On the tail area not anus. Above the anus.

This is her bump on the tail area. Friend of mine says it could be from the lice. But I'm not sure.
I think I'm just seeing a normal tail :confused: A chicken's tail is just a funny-looking lump with feathers growing out of it. But of course it is usually hidden under the feathers, so it can be hard to see what "normal" really looks like. Do you have access to any other chickens you can compare it with? That usually helps me figure out what is normal, and what is weird.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

But I will be interested in what you find. Maybe she got something stuck in her throat? Or some kind of a tumor? Definitely a puzzling situation.

I think I'm just seeing a normal tail :confused: A chicken's tail is just a funny-looking lump with feathers growing out of it. But of course it is usually hidden under the feathers, so it can be hard to see what "normal" really looks like. Do you have access to any other chickens you can compare it with? That usually helps me figure out what is normal, and what is weird.
Tail bump makes me think preen gland? Not sure.

I had a sick chicken with a full crop and noticed her 'throwing up' just a little; I took her out of the coop, I tipped her forward/almost upside down and a lot of watery stuff ran out. I looked it up and think it was called "sour crop." Something to look up.
She did get better.

Back
Top Bottom