Chicken is pecking me in a mean way.

Does it leave you alone if you leave it alone? If so, might just chalk this one up to not wanting to deal with the humans and just enjoy it from a distance. I have one girl like this in my flock that she REALLY does not want to be held. But she will still come hang around when treats are offered.
Can you give us more context? My chickens like to peck on painted toe and finger nails, rings, and things that shine. Mine also peck me when they're hungry or want what I'm holding (hoping that it is food). Or it could be in a more aggressive way like biting you repeatedly with angry squawks and or spurring you.

Can you give us more context? My chickens like to peck on painted toe and finger nails, rings, and things that shine. Mine also peck me when they're hungry or want what I'm holding (hoping that it is food). Or it could be in a more aggressive way like biting you repeatedly with angry squawks and or spurring you.
For her, it's more of a "scrambling to get away" kind of behavior if I try to pet or pick her up. My interpretation of the original post was that they had grabbed the chicken and the chicken freaked out and bit them, but it sounds like this is more that the chicken is hunting them down and attacking.

For her, it's more of a "scrambling to get away" kind of behavior if I try to pet or pick her up. My interpretation of the original post was that they had grabbed the chicken and the chicken freaked out and bit them, but it sounds like this is more that the chicken is hunting them down and attacking.
Kind of like hunting down-ish. She just pops up and comes and pecks.

She doesn't scramble away when I try to grab her. She pecks.

She does do that sometimes but she usually just comes and kind of "fights".

She doesn't peck at those shiny things either. Also, when I'm digging worms for them, she pecks at my feet.

Back
Top Bottom