chicken keeping hacks!

chicks n roses

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2016
Lets share tips secrets and hacks that help in some way by making our job easier and allowing us more time with our chickens.
Mine is a simple tip.but very helpful.my dad taught me at 5 to use a handful of dirt to clean animals water dishes.food too i suppose .his game chickens were his pride and joy.and the more grit and roots in the ground the better it will clean just grab a handful and go to town the result after a quick rinse is a shiny clean dish algae free.its served me well with dogs cats fish and horses too really helpful.good luck and godspeed TRY IT IT REALLY WORKS!

Good one! I'm going to try that! My favorite time saver is an old metal paint scraper and a dust pan for poop board cleaning. The scraper has a hole in the handle as does the dust pan so I threaded some twine to keep them together and able to hang up. Takes like 30 seconds to clean up after 15 birds each morning.

Good one! I'm going to try that! My favorite time saver is an old metal paint scraper and a dust pan for poop board cleaning. The scraper has a hole in the handle as does the dust pan so I threaded some twine to keep them together and able to hang up. Takes like 30 seconds to clean up after 15 birds each morning.
Good idea!

Just read on another post of hanging a head of cabbage on a rope or such for winter foraging in a coop.i need to find out what vegetables my chickens like!

Yes ive done that and they love it! Also stuffed kale or spinach into a suet holder and hung up. It's an all day long game of keep away lol. I baked flock blocks the other day using Chicken Chick's recipe and added leftover stuffing, sunflower seeds and dried mealworms since everyone's molting. It was a huge hit until my lab broke in and stole it! I heard his stomache growling all night!!!

Back
Top Bottom