Chicken Keeps Eyes Closed, Had Beak Glued Shut

I have no idea what could be wrong with them, but scrambled eggs and plain, raw yogurt would be a good thing to feed them.

Not really having a clue as to what is going on, you might treat for a respiratory illness with Tylosin or Tylan if you can find it. Tylosin powder is easiest to use as it goes in the drinking water and you can treat all of your neighbor's chickens at once if you're inclined. Are you in the US?

Do you have your own birds? Be sure to practice biosecurity between handling these and your own birds.

You mention her wing had blood - can you get photos of all of her?

Not sure what's going on there, they both seem to be sick from something.
Any lice/mites?
If you can seek vet care, that would be best, this will help you rule out what's ailing these 2 and will give you more information as to what type of treatment (if any) they need and whether it's something that can be passed on to your own birds.
They are separated from each other and their flock is being quarantined away from my ducks. The silkie does not have a wing injury, I think the "blood" came from her mouth. The mucus is very dark with a red/brown color, so against her white feathers it looked like she hurt herself. I can't give anymore pictures because I'm back in college. All I can really do now is hope my family can follow directions.
The silkie's body looks fine. I weighed her before I left and she was 830 grams, which I think is good if the breed standard is 900 grams. It makes me think she has not stopped eating for very long. I did not find any mites/lice when I checked, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.
The other sick chicken also had no visible parasites, but her skin was very dry and dusty, unlike the other birds. She is eating and drinking on her own, but still not feeling well.

Not really having a clue as to what is going on, you might treat for a respiratory illness with Tylosin or Tylan if you can find it. Tylosin powder is easiest to use as it goes in the drinking water and you can treat all of your neighbor's chickens at once if you're inclined. Are you in the US?
I am in the US... Are those medications prescription? Would I be able to find them in a tractor supply or pet store? I have already been told no one will go to the vet for the chicken :(
I agree that it sounds like she has a respiratory infection.

Back
Top Bottom