chicken killer got about 7 hens last night.

well i spent a long cold night in the truck watching the barn till 7am. the wounded hen is doing fine. I will go as soon as i get some time and buy a trap and see is i can catch the dang thing. till then i will keep them in lock down. will do the guard duty again tonight. i have young calves in the pasture and that is what really worries me. i don't want my chickens getting killed but i really don't want to loose a calf. thanks

Patience...takes a lot of it but the end reward is sooo worth it.
ya.gif

I have sat out many a cold night sitting hidden in the dark with my 20g. waiting for a racoon killer.

Hope you get it soon.

Sorry to hear about your birds. I know what you mean about your calves. I have one bottle calf, he's getting pretty big now but I still worry about him since he's alone in the field now.

What part of WA are you in? I blasted a coyote earlier this week. They, or at least this one, seem to be really bold this year. He was only 15' away from my daughter and didn't start running until the dog spotted him.

Anyhow, if you're in Thurston or the surrounding counties I saw an ad in CL the other day--couple of guys that want to hunt coyotes. If your in an area that is ok to discharge firearms they'll come out, call them in and take care of it. No charge and you might be able to get some sleep. Best of luck with your predator problem, it's a constant challange in some areas.

when i had an issue like that i got a couple chics, put them in a cage in plain view, put some chicken livers around cage as well, pulled my bronco close by had the 12 ga laying there and waited, and bingo, as planned the predator had returned for the easy meal, flipped the truck lights on,, BANG!! end of story, put the chics away, all is well that ends well

still no luck on the coyote. i did get the skunk last night. let the small house dog out to do his late night thing and when he came back to the door in less than a minute and smelled like skunk i new he was close. found him under the front porch. i waited for him to make a run for it to get away from the house. and that was the last of Mr skunk. then we had to make a run to town for some tomato juice for the dog lol.

Kittymomma. I am on the east side about an hour past Yakima. It is legal to use fire arms here. don't know how long it will be till they change the laws. we got a lot of people building new homes all around us.

Quote:
Well if you get tired of staying up all night I bet you could find a few guys around there that would love to try out their predator callers.
wink.png
I've got a cousin over in Kettle Falls that loves to call them in--he never shoots them, but enjoys using the caller.

Good luck with it, hope you get your problem coyote soon.

Back
Top Bottom