Chicken killing dog is back

hsm5grls

Songster
12 Years
Oct 3, 2007
tucson
The neighbors dog who killed 3 of my chicken is in my yard again. Fil is out with the b.b. gun and letting that dog have it. I hate to hurt the dog but man am I tired of him coming in my yard and I will not loose more birds to him. Maybe a little sting in the behind will teach him to stay out. Obviously his owner don't care.

Just be careful. You don't want the neighbor coming back at you with the law if you cause damage, like to an eye. Have you called the cops, ASPCA, Animal control first? You may want to have that on record that you have made an attempt to be nice.

Yes, I have called but they do nothing. These people are the kind that will catch your trash can on fire and the such. They are not the kind to involve the law.

Here's what ticks me off. If the neighbors called animal control on me you could bet they would be here investigating my animals, checking my coops, looking for food and water etc. But animal control has been called on them so many times over the years and nothing happens. They might get there dogs taken away occasionally but then they just get new ones. Come on what is animal control for if they can't get people to control there animals

The B.B. gun is just a generic one it will hurt but I doubt it would break the skin. FIL is an ex-marine and a very good shot. He won't miss his target.(dog butt) LOL

Last edited:
when he is done shooting the dog is the butt -- can you send him over here my neighbor has about 5-6 pit bulls that he lets run the streets and one has already got one of my hens - so there are plenty of targets here for the shootings LOL

Julie

Quote:
Might need a bigger gun
smile.png

This dog is a pitt too. I wish people understood the breed they were getting. If they understood the breed then they would understand the care involved. Pitts are very active dogs and need a lot of attention and exercise, This dog just roams around his yard and the neighborhood. I have never seen anyone so much as talk to him let alone play with or pet him. I feel bad for him really and he is a very pretty dog. Great markings and build. I wish he wasn't a chicken killer because he is very sweet with people and I would love for him to have a nice home. I can't help but to feel bad for him. I just want him to understand my yard is not his yard, a play area, or a buffet.

hsm, I understand your frustration with animal control. Pinal county is about the same. I once called because a huge intact male pitbull with no visable id was roaming my neighborhood barking at my dogs at my fence. I got a prompt that said "if an animal is threatening humans or livestock press 1". So I pressed 1. It rang and rang, then VM saying if this is and emergency call 911 or leave a message!!!! So I left a message stating the problem with my contact info and never heard back. So not helpful!!! My neighborhood is full of kids too, very scary.

Back
Top Bottom