Chicken kit

CharlotteBEe

Chirping
Jun 26, 2023
Putting together a chicken kit. What medications do you have on hand for your birds?

Go to de-wormers, antibiotics ect

Thank you for sharing!

Putting together a chicken kit. What medications do you have on hand for your birds?

Go to de-wormers, antibiotics ect

Thank you for sharing!
I always have these on hand for my chickens:

Saline - I have a sterile bag from the vet but you can make your own, too
Iodine
Plain neosporin (don’t use the pain relief one, it is harmful to chickens)
Blue kote
Gloves
Syringes/needles and fish tank tubing
Gauze
Vetericyn spray
Vetericyn antimicrobial eye wash
Nutri-drench
Corid
Electrolytes and probiotics

These I went overboard and bought - antibiotics, not sure if you can get them anymore without prescriptions:

Aquamox
Aquazole
LA-200
Tylan 50
Animax ointment (leftover from another animal infection)

I’m a little overkill with my chicken first aid kit. Especially because antibiotics expire, I probably shouldn’t have bought them. But it does make me feel good to have on hand.

Last edited:
I always have these on hand for my chickens:

Saline - I have a sterile bag from the vet but you can make your own, too
Iodine
Plain neosporin
Blue kote
Gloves
Syringes/needles and fish tank tubing
Gauze
Vetericyn spray
Vetericyn antimicrobial eye wash
Nutri-drench
Corid
Electrolytes and probiotics

These I went overboard and bought - antibiotics, not sure if you can get them anymore without prescriptions:

Aquamox
Aquazole
LA-200
Tylan 50
Animax ointment (leftover from another animal infection)

I’m a little overkill with my chicken first aid kit. Especially because antibiotics expire, I probably shouldn’t have bought them. But it does make me feel good to have on hand.
Oh forgot the most important one, in my opinion: calcium citrate plus D3 tablets. We’ve used these more than anything in our kit for an older hen we adopted that becomes egg bound once in a while.

Oh forgot the most important one, in my opinion: calcium citrate plus D3 tablets. We’ve used these more than anything in our kit for an older hen we adopted that becomes egg bound once in a while.
Thank you so much for your detailed list! Do you recommend a specific brand of calcium citrate plus D3 tablet?

Thank you so much for your detailed list! Do you recommend a specific brand of calcium citrate plus D3 tablet?
Nope 🙂 I use the generic Walmart brand. I did get the petites to make it easier on myself to shove them in the beaks, but they can take the large ones fine, too.

Attachments

• IMG_8359.jpeg
    IMG_8359.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom