Chicken laying fewr eggs

Zamama

Chirping
Oct 5, 2020
Hi.my 6 months barred cochin bantam just started laying.the very first day i found an egg in the morning but the next day she layed an egg at around 7 pm when it was getting dark and today is the third day and I haven’t get an agg why does she stop laying what should i do to change its time from night to morning and to lay more eggs

Attachments

• 2ABF083D-7D2B-4615-BEB0-341DE16EE0B7.jpeg
    2ABF083D-7D2B-4615-BEB0-341DE16EE0B7.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1
You can't make them lay more and you can't change the time of day a bird lays. It takes 26-27 hours, on average, for an egg to form and get readied for laying, so in a bird with average production eggs will come once a day, and come later and later during the day until they skip a day and start up the cycle again in the next morning.

Some breeds (and some individual birds) aren't great layers, so the amount of time between eggs is even longer.

You can't make them lay more and you can't change the time of day a bird lays. It takes 26-27 hours, on average, for an egg to form and get readied for laying, so in a bird with average production eggs will come once a day, and come later and later during the day until they skip a day and start up the cycle again in the next morning.

Some breeds (and some individual birds) aren't great layers, so the amount of time between eggs is even longer.
Ok I don’t want to make her lay more but it 3 days has gone and she didn’t lay.is it ok to lay at night .i have heard that cochin bantams lays 3-4 eggs a week

Since she is new to laying it's not unusual for her schedule to be "off" or for her to have eggs that vary in quality, size, etc. It takes a while for their bodies to get used to laying. She may also lay at night until she learns to control the urge to lay better, I do find eggs once in a while from young or newly resumed layers under the roost sometimes.

Since she is new to laying it's not unusual for her schedule to be "off" or for her to have eggs that vary in quality, size, etc. It takes a while for their bodies to get used to laying. She may also lay at night until she learns to control the urge to lay better, I do find eggs once in a while from young or newly resumed layers under the roost sometimes.
Thanks for the reply and information you have given

Back
Top Bottom