Chicken Litterbox - AKA my new roost

What a great idea!!! I LOVE it! I was wishing just the other day that I had built something that catch all the poo under the roosts. My roosts I have in the coop right now are just temporary and need to eventually be built larger, so I could still add something like this very easily. Your chickens all seem to like their new roosts also. Thanks for posting that great idea!
smile.png

Last edited:
Great idea! I'm definitely going to be a copy-cat on a much smaller scale. BTW, I agree that frostbite probably isn't an issue here in TX (You're further south than me, so even less of a problem- we get occasional ice here in DFW). Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the great idea. I've been trying to solve the poop problem under my roost. I cut up a few 2 x 4's and within 30 minutes I was done. Slid in an old plastic dish pan filled with sand and I was done. I love this web-site, I've had every question and problem solved!

Quote:
That's a partridge cochin. She's REALLY tiny, much smaller than my other bantam cochins. We call her fatty pants because her feathers are so fluffy on her body and feet that it makes her head look disproportionately small...like a skinny person wearing a fat-suit.
tongue.png

You should see how funny it looks when she runs!
lau.gif

Quote:
Havent read all the remarks so don't know if anyone addressed this.

#1. what a wonderful idea!!!

#2. (pardon
roll.png
) This would be a great way for small time composters to take advantage of some chickie-poo. Throw a lil hay in there and maybe change it a little less often than you are planning, and there ya go
smile.png

hope you don't mind if I steal your idea...
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom