Chicken loosing toes

Hailey Bug Hmz

Chirping
Mar 5, 2020
Hi so I have a lavender Orpington that a few months ago started limping and then just not using that leg and I thought maybe it was bumble foot even though it didn’t look like it so I used iodine but it didn’t help and her leg wasn’t getting worse but also not better. And I felt her leg multiple time and it wasn’t broken. She figured out how to hop around and other wise was fine. But today I noticed she was starting to put weight on the leg again but 2 of her toes are missing her whole toenail is gone and it looks like it scabbed over. Could her toes missing just be from maybe they got caught and got ripped of it could it be something to do with why she wasn’t using her leg. I would have a vet look at it but our vet doesn’t do chickens and we can’t find one close enough that does chickens

Agreed with needing a picture to verify.

One early theory is lost claw in a fight? Particularly a fight involving a fence?

Hi so I have a lavender Orpington that a few months ago started limping and then just not using that leg and I thought maybe it was bumble foot even though it didn’t look like it so I used iodine but it didn’t help and her leg wasn’t getting worse but also not better. And I felt her leg multiple time and it wasn’t broken. She figured out how to hop around and other wise was fine. But today I noticed she was starting to put weight on the leg again but 2 of her toes are missing her whole toenail is gone and it looks like it scabbed over. Could her toes missing just be from maybe they got caught and got ripped of it could it be something to do with why she wasn’t using her leg. I would have a vet look at it but our vet doesn’t do chickens and we can’t find one close enough that does chickens
Please provide some photos and tell us your location in the world (State?).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom