Chicken lost but was here at tea?

Look under everything that a chicken could possibly get trapped in/under. We had one hen get trapped under a round of no climb fence next to the house. She had gone in under it, and then could not back out. We thought she had been taken by a coyote or something because there was no trace of her when she disappeared. I looked everywhere but thought, surely nothing could be under that roll of wire fence. She also stayed very quiet and we were lucky to find her TWO WEEKS later in the middle of the night when an opossum crawled on her and she screamed bloody murder (it was probably trying to eat her). She was still alive but in rough shape and took about a week to recover. Our favorite bird by far, she's a bad ass.

Good point. I had a hen get trapped under a bucket that flipped over when she tried to perch on it. She stayed very quiet, I was lucky to find her.

same thing happened to me.. i have been searching for hours and i got so frustrated and sad, and angry cause i didn't find my chicken...out of anger, i kicked a flipped bucket and she came out!!!! i cried of joy on her feathers.

No, nothing yet. We have looked everywhere. And now, we are dealing with a chicken passing away. :(

i'm very very sorry. it's horrible to have this experiences. I know.. Please, if you need help with your other chicken, ask. :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

I have a hen who enjoys doing her own thing and will wonder off a ways, contentedly digging for bugs by herself. One night I forgot to count the hens when I locked them up and a bit later found her roosting on a low branch in a shrub next to the chicken coop, sound asleep. It's a hopeful thought, but maybe something similar happened.

Back
Top Bottom