Chicken lost half her skin

Update:
She had another bath last night, this one went much better than the first, and the funky smell is gone! I was worried about sour crop next. She let me massage her last night and it definitely EMPTIED last night. I haven't seen so much poop from one bird. ACV in her water just in case, and switching to just cooked eggs for a day or so. She is acting like nothing ever happened. Walking around, trying to preen herself, it's just amazing.

Update: She didn't drink all day yesterday, and I thought for sure that was that, I had someone lined up to cull her if she wasn't better this morning... And she's not just back to normal, she's more lively than she was AND she started talking to me a little bit today. Just grumbles but it's the first sounds I've heard from her.
PXL_20201127_145037201.jpg

Update: She didn't drink all day yesterday, and I thought for sure that was that, I had someone lined up to cull her if she wasn't better this morning... And she's not just back to normal, she's more lively than she was AND she started talking to me a little bit today. Just grumbles but it's the first sounds I've heard from her. View attachment 2427008
Maybe yesterday was an off day. I've heard sometimes with trama that pain isn't necessarily the worst on the first few days

Maybe yesterday was an off day. I've heard sometimes with trama that pain isn't necessarily the worst on the first few days
I think it was that or possibly sour crop. We're fighting that too, but overnight I only let her have water with acv and molasses, and it looks like she passed a lot of junk this morning. She's eating and drinking like a champ!

Update: She didn't drink all day yesterday, and I thought for sure that was that, I had someone lined up to cull her if she wasn't better this morning... And she's not just back to normal, she's more lively than she was AND she started talking to me a little bit today. Just grumbles but it's the first sounds I've heard from her. View attachment 2427008

I'm SO glad! Sounds like he turning point to me. I'm glad she's found her voice and is eating a lot! Well wishes from me!

Back
Top Bottom