Chicken Lost in Long Beach, CA. Free!

Summey

Hatching
12 Years
Apr 26, 2007
I found him wandering around a couple of blocks down from my house near a busy street. I thought I could find a home for him so I picked him up and carried him to my backyard (a backhouse which is a rental). I found someone who wanted it only if it was a female. Of course I wasn't sure until it made it's first feeble attempt to crow this morning at 6 a.m. He is very sweet. But I can't keep him. I was hoping someone might want him that lives around this area, and was hoping that someone might be able to take him. If not, I've been told that some feed stores will take them, but I'm only looking at that as a last resort. I'm not sure what breed he is, but he is a good looking bird.

chicken2small.jpg

chicken3small.jpg

Nice looking fella! I'm on the other side of the states-sorry. Hope someone will be along soon to get him.
Not sure, but you may be able to find a chicken or poultry rescue in your area. Also, not sure if its a good idea, but, I have seen animals on freecycle.

Best wishes
smile.png

Summey, have you notified your local shelter or put a small ad in the paper to see if anyone claims him. It would be a real shame if his rightful owners are looking for their best roo and can't find him. Best of luck to you and kudo's for getting him away from a busy street and into the safety of your backyard, even if it is temporary.
yippiechickie.gif

ooh...pet finder is a great idea...hadn't tried that one yet. We put up some flyers in the area we found him, but just got crank calls:( we're going to check with the big animal sanctuary in town tomorrow and see if they have a list of any rescues in the area. Thanks everyone so far!

Back
Top Bottom