Chicken Lover Stuck in the City

FA0088BA-FE74-4BAF-8C29-814D98E54C6F.jpeg

Wow, it's been a while since I have posted here! Good news! After we both retired, my husband and I found a place in the country of North Florida. We've been here a year tomorrow. I now have a lot more chickens, some guineas, mini pigs, gardens, and an old house with a real fireplace on five acres. I've never been so busy, nor so happy. Only sad news is Jake passed due to cancer, and Miss Millie passed due to a really freak accident. Miss them both so much, but I have a lot more silkies now. 4 adults, and 13 chicks from the hens this spring. Soo cute!!!
20210525_105236.jpg

Wow, it's been a while since I have posted here! Good news! After we both retired, my husband and I found a place in the country of North Florida. We've been here a year tomorrow. I now have a lot more chickens, some guineas, mini pigs, gardens, and an old house with a real fireplace on five acres. I've never been so busy, nor so happy. Only sad news is Jake passed due to cancer, and Miss Millie passed due to a really freak accident. Miss them both so much, but I have a lot more silkies now. 4 adults, and 13 chicks from the hens this spring. Soo cute!!! View attachment 2742684
I don't think I had the chance to say hello when you joined but here you are :frow hi! Sorry for your losses :hugs thank you for updating this. Love the picture, your silkie momma and chicks are adorable :love

Hello everyone! I've been with Backyard Chickens for a while but never introduced myself. I used to have property in 'the sticks' but fell in love with a city man and we live in town now. I have a third of an acre in Florida, and 2 'stealth' chickens as we are not allowed them here. I also have a house chicken and raise coturnix quail, and some parakeets that were unexpectedly left for me. And two dogs. And a loving husband. And two grandkids who visit frequently. I have a lot of gardens and am trying to create a 'food forest', although I'm running out of sunny spots! We are retired, but once a week I lead an art group at a local mental health center. I am an artist, working in almost all media, but I also love to do crafts and needlework. I used to sing a lot, but I have asthma now and my voice cracks too much. So I sing to the animals now. It's a mostly wonderful life.
It sounds like you are creating an awesome space for your secret stash (chickens), grandkids and you and your husband. Enjoy this next part of your journey!

Wow, it's been a while since I have posted here! Good news! After we both retired, my husband and I found a place in the country of North Florida. We've been here a year tomorrow. I now have a lot more chickens, some guineas, mini pigs, gardens, and an old house with a real fireplace on five acres. I've never been so busy, nor so happy. Only sad news is Jake passed due to cancer, and Miss Millie passed due to a really freak accident. Miss them both so much, but I have a lot more silkies now. 4 adults, and 13 chicks from the hens this spring. Soo cute!!! View attachment 2742684
So sorry for your losses. :hugs Cute momma and babies! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom