Chicken major foot injury šŸ”

What kind of fence do you have??? Never heard of one that can stop predators from going under or over without a roof or skirt of some kind.
Our house is really really closed, roof to our gate, there's no possible way a predator can actually come in... Unless we let them come in by our gate which is just impossible because we don't let any animals go inside.

Attachments

• IMG_20220808_010302.jpg
    IMG_20220808_010302.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 7
Our house is really really closed, roof to our gate, there's no possible way a predator can actually come in... Unless we let them come in by our gate which is just impossible because we don't let any animals go inside.
What kind of fencing is that exactly?

Uhh i honestly don't know. But it does look like this. (Pic from the internet)
Does it have a roof? That one in the pic isn't gonna stop small predators like Weasels, minks, and others like them. Nor will it stop digging predators like foxes unless it has a skirt around it, or fencing buried pretty far down below it.

Do the best you can for her, but do consider her quality of life and speak with your family about your concerns. Whether you need to continue with caring for her like this or if it's time to let her go.

To me, the dark area is where blood has accumulated or pooled under the skin from whatever injury she may have suffered. Laying down in one position all the time and not able to move, hard to know if that will be reabsorbed or if it will get worse the longer she just lays there.

Yes our backyard has a roof too. There's no fox in our city, I don't think fox lives in my country. As I said, there are no dangerous animals lurking in our streets. It's totally impossible for weasels and minks to live in our country too. I'm pretty sure we won't encounter any dangerous animals around here. So no need to worry for predators, if i think of any animal that could hurt my chickens it would be dogs and rats actually. our house is tightly closed and safe, there's no way predators can harm them. Never experienced of rats or dogs attack but we're always careful and alert!!

Do the best you can for her, but do consider her quality of life and speak with your family about your concerns. Whether you need to continue with caring for her like this or if it's time to let her go.

To me, the dark area is where blood has accumulated or pooled under the skin from whatever injury she may have suffered. Laying down in one position all the time and not able to move, hard to know if that will be reabsorbed or if it will get worse the longer she just lays there.
The dark area could be blood not a tumor? I'm really not sure what this is but I hope it's not a tumor. But the dark area feels hard and solid though, could it be really blood? šŸ˜Æ

The dark area could be blood not a tumor? I'm really not sure what this is but I hope it's not a tumor. But the dark area feels hard and solid though, could it be really blood? šŸ˜Æ
Yes. It could be. When blood clots it gets hard. That's why scabs are hard.

Back
Top Bottom