Chicken Math in the Making

BipolarChicken93

Hatching
May 24, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I never thought that I would want one when I was a kid.. Too much responsibility. Now that I am older, I would LOVE to live as sustainably as I can.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now I have 0 chickens... Chicken math isn't a factor in that either. I say I want 6 so, I am going to build a coop for 18. LOL!

(3) What breeds do you have?

I don't have any right now but I would love to have a different variety of birds.. I love Silkies (who doesn't?!) and Frizzles, and I would LOVE a Lavender Orpington or a Jersey Giant.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Who doesn't love fresh eggs? Really though, I want to be more sustainable. I want to learn and grow as an animal lover. Maybe it's for the pretty eggs and feathers too...

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love to read and go hiking, but when I get a nice back yard I would love to garden and create a fish pond/duck pond.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married and have two fur babies. I am slowly but surely trying to pull my husband into the chicken math with me and cannot wait until we get to raise our own flock. I work in the Corrections field and hope to become a Corrections Deputy in Utah.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC on Facebook! I didn't realize that there was a whole website! I would have joined sooner if I had. I am trying to learn all I can about how to care for my fluffy butts before I get them. I want them to have the happiest lives ever. :)

Back
Top Bottom