1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken math strikes again!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Razadia, May 26, 2011.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    So, I went to the feed store with my dad today and I had intended to get one black aussie chick. Well, I ended up with a RIR chick, too. Granted, the RIR is my dad's, but still, I only went to get one. The Aussie's name is Jazzy and the RIR is Red... because dad doesn't name his chickens and I need a way to explain who's doing what.

Red is taking a 'dirt' bath and Jazzy is pecking at the shavings. Jazzy is so much bigger than Red. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. harmona1

harmona1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2010
    Indiana
    Funny how that chicken math works, huh? I went to the store for feed and came home with 10 chicks! lol

3. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Dad claims we're getting two more RIR chicks next time we go. He doesn't know what I know! [​IMG]

4. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I just had a flashback when I read that your black chick was named Jazzy. Ohe of the first chooks Ive ever had's name was Jazzy and she was also black. SHe passed away two years ago. She was the one wheo inspired my chicken dreams. If it wasnt for her passing, I wouldve never had my flock today. RIP my Jazzy...

And welcome to the world, Jazzy and Red! [​IMG] Congrats!

5. psyche-chick

psyche-chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    Isle of Wight County, VA
    Those are cute little chicks.

I have gotten my first 5 and already want to add to my flock. I keep looking at the different breeds and colors and making a list of what I want. I have buff orpingtons right now and would love to add some lavender, blue, black, and gray ones to the flock. I can see that this is going to be an expensive hobby [​IMG]

6. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Oh yes, it can be. I'm aiming high. I want Seramas next. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by