Chicken Math strikes again

PeepinChicken

Songster
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
Cody, WY
Oh I want some more chicks...lol in the past 4 days I've gotten 6 more, for a grand total of 11. My BF originally said sure let's get a "couple of chicks" got four to begin with, lost one got two Banty's a week later. I was trying to explain chicken math to him as in, two Banty's really could count as one whole chicken. so 3 became 5 ( really only 4) I told him. couple of weeks later after the big girls moved into the coop. I said oh look the sign reads chicks are in. I knew what I was doing here, he said well do you want to get a few more,.....oh sure I says why not. Today he says to me I really like deviled eggs, and pickled eggs, scrambled eggs and the list went on I added my favorite ways to eat eggs as well. Why don't you call The Barn ( Feed and pet store here) and see what they have. My eyes lit up as he turned to go back out into the garage, in less than 10 seconds I was on the phone with them. So he wanted a Barred Rock, I wanted a Golden Sexlink, and my youngest wanted a RIR. Four days before that we went to the Co-Op place that we never noticed in the past, and guess what 2 Buff Orps and a cornish X. I love chicken math !!!!
The ones that started it all

Well thats chicken math,,,,got to be careful,It could happen to me???? not yet I hope,,,
maby next year,,,,,,

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with your babies!

But...you know that cornish x's are meat birds, right? Meaning, between 6-9 weeks of age, you have to have it butchered?

Thank you Areopennchick, I did know that I am hoping to keep as a layer,
fl.gif
however if the growth get's to be too much too fast, then I guess we eat chicken for dinner. I will not let him/her suffer. I have read plenty about them and I am up for the challenge. Raising it right along with all the other chicks and will soon be sent to the outdoors grow out pen with my Banty's.

Back
Top Bottom