Chicken math strikes!

Oh no...Meyer's has fantastic chickens. I am going to be spending over $100 dollars this spring >.< and I have moved from 6 chickens to 8 chickens to 10 chickens...now I am getting 14 chickens.

Oh no...Meyer's has fantastic chickens. I am going to be spending over $100 dollars this spring >.< and I have moved from 6 chickens to 8 chickens to 10 chickens...now I am getting 14 chickens.
Add one more and your shipping will be 1/2....

That's like $25! Which is like a very fancy chicken or two- for FREE!

LOL, aren't you supposed to say "oh no now slow down on the chickens there." xD guess I came to the wrong place when it comes the quantity control on chickens xD

LOL, aren't you supposed to say "oh no now slow down on the chickens there." xD guess I came to the wrong place when it comes the quantity control on chickens xD

Sorry
1f61d.png

Hmmmm, let me give it a try. Maybe you should slow down on those chickens, that will give you time to plan the coop expansion and get ahold of a breeder.

Was that right?

Hmmmm, let me give it a try. Maybe you should slow down on those chickens, that will give you time to plan the coop expansion and get ahold of a breeder.

Was that right?

wink.png

Well- my husband never volunteers to help me with my projects, but likes to take over when I'm halfway through. lol. In my experience, I'm more likely to get a second coop if I have the chicks that need it. I do have a brooder space in our basement, and it would be fine for a few weeks-2 ish with how many there will be.

I personally love planning and building things, so it's a win-win for me.

I don't have any local breeders. Plenty of people have chickens, but I want specific egg colors, so I have to order from the hatchery. They will not be here until June, so I have time to get everything done.

We have a bunch of people with EE but I ordered an EEfrom Meyers now xD, they are out of Olive eggers though so I was bummed about that. I really want an olive egger. I want blue, brown, olive, and dark brown eggs in my collection. So far it seems I will get brown and blue. White once I get my polish hens from the breeder.

Yeah, same here.

I'm fascinated with the dark chocolate eggs. I have one Black Copper but she is still a pullet, and I lost 3 :-( , So i ordered more Black Coppers, some Ameraucaunas and some EE's. I'm hoping to get some pinkish or greenish ones from the EE's. I've heard that in Australia they have a new breed that will lay lavender eggs! Wouldn't that be fun!

I started with eight, but two died = six. Then, all six were killed by dogs. So, I ordered 15 from a hatchery and they were wonderful! So wonderful that I ordered more, only it was Winter and so to ship them I had a minimum order of 15. No problem! 15+15=30. Then, I bought two olive eggers and a friend gave me a stray, so somehow I now have 33 chickens! Chicken math!

Back
Top Bottom