Chicken mating thread !!!

I know nothing so I am subbing! Still patiently waiting for my roo to show some interest in his girls...

my roo just currently went into the mating stage about 3 wks ago at first it was pretty aggressive he would grab the back of their necks and they would scream really loud til he let go then run and hide.... after a wk of this he then started this dance which is the mating dance he dances from foot to foot and then circles them and still grabs the back of their neck about mid last wk they finally started to lay down for him and now they are starting to squat so im hoping for some eggs soon!! i also noticed that he crows a heck of a lot more now that he has started to mate with them!!!
like i said at first it can be pretty ear wrenching and a little rough to watch and hear but once time goes on it gets less angry i guess you could say!! mine are 23 wks this wk!

Well roosters "dance" is to show the hens they want to mate,the rooster drags a wings on the ground and walk around them and uselly when a hen puts her head down to drink or eat he will jump on her and mate. Roosters don't have a penis and hens don't have vaginas,they just each have one hole and when the rooster mates he shoots a sperm glob on the hens rear end and and it goes in and fertilizes the egg. The rooster jumps on the hens back and bites her comb/head for balance.

I have way too many roosters at the moment. I've seen them do the dance, but when one rooster sees anther mating then he wants to join in. It ends up being a gang bang and the poor hen runs away screaming after being jumped by 4 or 5 roosters!

I have way too many roosters at the moment. I've seen them do the dance, but when one rooster sees anther mating then he wants to join in. It ends up being a gang bang and the poor hen runs away screaming after being jumped by 4 or 5 roosters!
Yea you do have too many rooster,sale some or get more hens maybe

wow, that was a great explanation! I had a friend ask me if the rooster had a penis and I assumed yes, but really had no idea how that worked. :) Now I know.

wow, that was a great explanation! I had a friend ask me if the rooster had a penis and I assumed yes, but really had no idea how that worked. :) Now I know.
Yep,it's good to know
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom