Chicken might have eaten moldy lettuce

Thechickenaddict

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
Looks like I didn’t clean up the food area very well and left some bits of lettuce lying around. I saw a hen who might have gotten some brownish lettuce which I believe is moldy. I do feel bad for not checking around the area more thoroughly and I wonder if she will be okay.

Looks like I didn’t clean up the food area very well and left some bits of lettuce lying around. I saw a hen who might have gotten some brownish lettuce which I believe is moldy. I do feel bad for not checking around the area more thoroughly and I wonder if she will be okay.
she will be fine, chickens are real strong! They can swallow nails and be fine...or an earing...or styrofoam...but it does depend on the size of the object. Moldy lettuce is not recommended, but a little is fine

Thank you both for reassuring me! The lettuce bits were pretty small and I think she only got a bit so hopefully she will be fine. The girls are all hungry lin the morning and I guess some just got a little curious with the food. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom